Practical information on the conferenceThe conference will be held on the campus of the Université Claude Bernard. It is well deserved in terms of public transport, near the beautiful Rhône river and the Parc de la Tête d'Or.
Restaurant coverage around the University campus is, however, somewhat lacking. Therefore all lunch meals are included in the conference fees, and will be served on the campus in a private university-restaurant with a typical french gastronomy.
How to get from the train station/airport to ISTILBy train: you will arrive at the train station Perrache. The simplest is to take a tram (T1, direction IUT Feyssine) until "CONDORCET" (the closest station to ISTIL, the place of the conference).
By plain: From the airport you take a taxi (~ 80 Euros) or go to the city with a SatoBus. You go out at Part Dieu and take tram T1 (direction IUT Feyssine).
For more information about the public transport in Lyon click here.
How to Get to the Conference Site
|The presentation will be in the Amphitheatre of the ISTIL (Institut des Sciences et Techniques de l'Ingénieur de Lyon) on the Lyon1 Claude Bernard University campus.
Please visit this web site for comprehensive information on how to access ISTIL.
- Lyon tourist office online room booking
- Bed & Breakfast (35 €/night): here or here
- Gîtes (90€/night)
SPECIAL RATES :
Studio for 1 or 2 persons: 46 €/night
Suite for 2 to 4 persons: 50 €/night
The special prices are valid for the following 4 hostels:
+ Résidence Saxe Gambetta (30 min from ISTIL)
+ Résidence Saint Nicolas (35 min from ISTIL)
+ Résidence Park Lane(45 min from ISTIL)
+ Résidence Park Avenue (35 mn from ISTIL)
If you wish to reserve an apartment in one of these hostels you have just to print this booking form, to fill it and to send it by e-mail or by fax.
- HOTEL DES CONGRES***
Place du Commandant Rivière, 69100 Villeurbanne.
phone +33 4 72 69 16 16 / fax +33 4 78 94 64 86 / e-mail
10 min walk from ISTIL
74€/night single or double room 'confort' including breakfast
91€/night single or double room 'prestige' including breakfast
Please reserve by phone, by fax or e-mail and ask the special negotiated price with Université Lyon1
- ResidHotel Lyon Part-Dieu
Boulevard Marius Vivier-Merle 69003 Lyon, France
phone + 33 4 72 91 42 52 / fax +33 4 72 91 46 32 / e-mail
5 min walk from Part-Dieu station
Studio for 1 or 2 persons : 70€/night
T2 for 1 to 4 persons : 92€/night
Please reserve by phone, by fax or by e-mail and ask the special negotiated price with IPNL
Recommanded hotels near ISTIL:
- HOLLIDAY INN GARDEN COURT*** 130, Bd du 11 Novembre 1918, 69100 Villeurbanne.
phone +33 4 78 89 95 95 / fax +33 4 72 43 91 55
10 min walk from ISTIL
- HÔTEL ARIANA*** (92€/night)
163, Cours Emile Zola, 69100 Villeurbanne (between Gratte-Ciel and République Metro stations)
phone +33 4 78 85 32 33 / fax +33 4 72 65 78 55
20 min walk from ISTIL
Lyon : general information
- Lyon is, after Paris, France's second largest city. It has an international airport (Saint-Exupéry airport), and is a well-known economic and tourism center (food, wine, roman and medieval monuments, UNESCO World Heritage district).
- The city is only 2 hours away from the centre of Paris by train (TGV). Note that there is a direct train connection from Charles de Gaulle Paris International airport. This is an excellent alternative to a connecting Paris-Lyon flight.
- Geneva is 2 hours away by car, or train.
- Marseille (mediterranean coast) is 3 hours away by car and 1.5 hour by train (TGV).
- The high peaks of the Alpes are only about 1 and 1/2 to 2 hours by car from Lyon.
Lyon TourismLyon is known as the centre of gastronomy in France. It is also a city of museums and monuments, with the old part of Lyon (right bank of the rivers) being registered as a World Heritage site by UNESCO. Finally, Lyon is located in between two major nearby wine regions (Côtes du Rhône, and Beaujolais), and surrounded by a beautiful countryside (Pilat National park in the south, Vercors National Park and Chartreuse National Park in the East, Dombes in the north, Monts du Beaujolais, Monts du Lyonnais).
Please have a look at the links from the Lyon Tourism Office.